Food Booth Application
A way to the community’s heart is through their stomach!
Festival of the Arts offers a unique way for area 501C3 non-profits to raise money for their charities. If you’re a registered non-profit that has an office in Kent, Newaygo, Barry, Montcalm, Ionia, Muskegon, Ottawa and/or Allegan Counties then please proceed to the application information.
In order to proceed to application – you must be a 501C3 Registered non-profit from one of the 8 counties listed above.
Your first time? No worries!
Our team works with you to make sure you have all the information in working with Festival, health department, fire department, city and any other group that is a part of the approval process. We can also connect you with another of our food booths that have been doing this for many years. We have had band & athletic boosters, arts organizations, churches, cultural organizations all participating with Festival over the past 50 years. Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church has been making souvlaki from a family recipe handed down generations for 49 years pleasing tens of thousands hungry folks. Each booth offers something different so there can be something for everyone from bubble tea to Polish burritos.
Over Festival’s 49-year history, food booth proceeds have contributed to building additions to buildings, fund school projects or student trips, promote food pantries and funded local arts organizations.
Please review our requirements for Food Booth Vendors!
HOW TO APPLY FOR A FOOD BOOTH
Please read these directions before filling out the Food Booth Application and signing the Food Booth Agreement and Regulations. Do not fill out any forms with “same as last year.” Every blank must be filled in completely. Failure to do so may cause your Food Booth Application to be returned as incomplete, and your application may be considered late due to this delay.
- If your organization is sponsoring a food booth, fill out the Food Booth Application and send it in with the signed Food Booth Agreement and Regulations.
Your submission of the signed Food Booth Agreement in proper form is your offer to enter into a food booth agreement with Festival of the Arts, Inc. in Grand Rapids. The Food Booth Committee reserves the right to reject any applications and offers. When the Food Booth Committee accepts your application, the signed Food Booth Agreement and Regulations becomes a contract. A signed copy, by a representative of Festival of the Arts in Grand Rapids, will be given to you for your records.
- If you are co-sponsoring a food booth with another organization, each group must complete the Food Booth Application. A Food Booth Application for each sponsoring organization must be attached to the signed copy of the Food Booth Agreement and Regulations before it is submitted.
- An authorized representative of the sponsoring organization (or of both sponsoring organizations in the case of a co-sponsored food booth) must sign the Food Booth Agreement and Regulations. The date of execution, the title of the person signing, and the name of the organization must be written on the Food Booth Agreement and Regulations in the blanks provided on the last page.
- NO LATER THAN November 10, 2018, please mail or email the following items to the address listed below:
- Completed and Signed Food Booth Agreement and Regulations
- CompletedFood Booth Application
- Proof of Non-profit Status(without it, your application will not be considered)
- $60.00 Application Fee – Make checks payable to “Festival of the Arts in Grand Rapids”(Refundable if your organization is not accepted to have a food booth)
6213 Sheldon Dr
Hudsonville, MI 49426
PLEASE NOTE: The chairperson for each new food booth must show a valid ID (e.g. driver’s license, government issued ID) at the taste testing session.
- You will be notified if your application and offer is not accepted.
- If your offer is accepted you may withdraw your application and offer by written notice up until one month after notification of your acceptance by the Food Booth committee. No refund of the application fee will occur.
- If you have any questions, please contact one of the Food Booth Chairpersons:
Bubble Tea & Smoothies
West Michigan Asian American Association
- Boa Bella Smoothie, Strawberry Smoothie, Honeydew Smoothie, Thai Tea
Living Water CRC
- Korean Tacos (spicy chicken, beef) K-Town Nachos (spicy chicken, beef), Kimchi, Soda, Bottle Water
Steepletown Neighborhood Services
- Kielbasa Sandwich, Kapusta, Pierogis, Pepsi Products, Bottled Water
The Light of the World Church
- Chicken Tamales, Pork Tamales, Jalepeno & Cheese Tamales, Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Caprisun, Bottled Water
St. George Antiochian Church
- Shawarma Sandwich (beef & lamb in pita bread with lettuce, cucumber sauce, and onion), Hudsonville Ice Cream in a cup, Cock, Diet Coke, Water
Northview Athletic Boosters
- Elephant Ears w/Cinnamon (optional fruit toppings), Coke Products, Bottled Water
Legends Performing Arts
- Deep Fried Oreos, Corndogs, Deep Fried Pickles, Frozen Lemonade, Bottled Water
St. Isidore’s Benevolent Aid Society
- Polish Burrito, Golumpki (stuffed cabbage), Soda, Gatorade, Bottled Water
Journey of Faith
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese, Cinnamon Rolls, Cinnamon Ice Cream, Root Beer Float, Brewed Tea, Bottled Water, Pop
Madison Square CRC
- Turkey Legs, Pulled Pork, Rib Tips, BBQ Baked Beans, Coleslaw, Pop, Bottled Water
Chinese Association of Western Michigan
- Chicken Skewers, Fried Rice, Egg Roll, Crab Rangoon, Soft Drinks, Bottled Water
United Church of Wayland
- Pavlovas, Sausage Rolls, Grilled Cinnamon and Lemon Pineapple Skewers, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Bottled Water
Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church
- Souvlaki (marinated pork sandwich), Baklava (filo dough, nut and honey dessert), Soda Pop, Bottled Water
Georgetown United Methodist Church
- Waffle Cone or Disposable Bowls with Choice of Seven Flavors of Ice Cream, Bottled Water
All American Picnic
Plymouth United Church of Christ
- Foot Long Hot Dogs (w/ chili, cheese, and onions), Giant Dill Pickle, Assorted Chips, Red/White/Blue Popsicles, Pepsi Products, Frozen Lemonade, Bottled Water
Kenowa Hills Instrumental Music Boosters
- Shrimp Skewers, Garlic Toast, Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
Northview Wildcat Youth Wrestling
- Soft Pretzels (Plain, Salted, or Cinnamon Sugar), Choice of Dipping Sauce (hot cheese, mustard, or honey mustard), Nachos & Cheese, Large Pickle, Soda, Bottled Water
All Souls Community Church
- (Gluten free, Vegan options) Fritos or Doritos Walking Taco (w/beef or black beans) Faygo Pop, Bottled Water